CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19) - Updated January 2021
In line with national restrictions applicable in England, our Aftercare service (working in other people’s homes) will remain active on a reduced basis, with emergency defects taking priority. Please note that we will continue to monitor the situation and our Aftercare team is on hand to answer any queries.
We are working to get back to normal as quickly and safely, as we can.
To keep our customers and staff safe, we are making some changes to our inspection and maintenance processes. We will get you booked in as soon as we can but we are continuing to prioritise emergencies and vulnerable customers; we thank you for your understanding.
When we confirm your appointment
All appointments are confirmed on the assumption that;
- Everyone in your household are COVID-19 symptom free (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste/smell);
- No one in your household has recently been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are self-isolating;
- No one in your household has been identified as a close contact and told to self-isolate;
- No one in your household has been contacted by NHS Track and Trace and told to self-isolate;
- No one in your household has received a government letter advising them to practise shielding;
- Only the homeowner will be present and will vacate the room the operative is working in;
- The homeowner will greet our operative wearing a face mask and will limit face to face contact at all times.
Before entering your property
On arrival our operative will ask you if anything has changed. It is really important that you cancel and or reschedule your appointment if you or someone in your household are feeling unwell or answer ‘yes’ to statements 2 - 5 above. Keeping everyone safe is our top priority.
During your appointment
Our operatives will follow the latest guidance and will:
- wash or sanitise their hands before entering your home – and at regular intervals during the appointment;
- keep at least two metres away from you at all times and they will ask that everyone in your household does the same for them, ideally you should stay in a different room;
- wear a face mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary;
- ask you to open doors and windows to ensure the maximum possible ventilation throughout the property.
Late cancellations/No shows
Government guidance meant we had to cancel all appointments for customers in March through to September, due to the coronavirus outbreak. We are working hard to catch up as fast as we can and thank you for your understanding. It is really important that you cancel and or reschedule your appointment if you, or someone in your household, are feeling unwell or answer ‘yes’ to any of the statements above.
Unless we are notified 24 hours prior to attending your appointment that the confirmed appointment time is no longer appropriate, you will re-join the bottom of the priority list.
Specific health and safety concerns
All operatives will be adhering to our site operating procedure for aftercare, should you wish to raise any specific health and safety concerns please call 0161 925 3227.
Please read your policy document together with the "NHBC Guide to your new home" and/or the "LABC Your home" guide before contacting Wiggett Homes Aftercare. Your warranty does not protect you against every event or circumstance.
All non-emergencies can be reported to our dedicated aftercare team during office hours (Monday – Thursday, 08.00 – 17.00 and Friday 08.00 – 16.00, excluding Bank Holidays):
- Telephone: 0161 925 3227
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When reporting a defect, please provide as much detail as possible including:
- Your full name, address, contact telephone number and email address;
- Detailed information of the defect or fault so that we can establish the correct priority and ensure that the correct operative is sent to the job.
Repair times will depend on the severity of the issue and availability of parts, most defects will be remedied within 28 days. All non-emergency issues will be attended to at a mutually convenient time, during normal working hours.
Only emergency defects will be dealt with out of hours (Monday - Thursday, 17.00 – 08.00 and 16.00 Friday to 08.00 Monday, all Public Holidays and the Christmas shut down) and our After Care providers, Nationwide Property Solutions, can be contacted on 01924 433 066. Emergency defects are generally those that need to be fixed within 24/48 hours or where the health and/or security of the resident is compromised. Issues such as those listed below:
- Severe leaks (that cannot be contained) – the water source should always be isolated.
- Power loss (not due to service providers)
- No heating (between October and April)
- No hot water
- Insecure property – faulty locks or windows where the health and safety of the resident is at risk.
- Toilet not flushing (where the property only has one toilet)
- Roof leaks where leak is penetrating the electrics