CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19) - Updated July 2020
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means;
- You will be allocated an AM (08.00 – 12.00) or PM (13.00 – 16.00) appointment;
- You must confirm in writing your acceptance of the AM or PM appointment;
- You must confirm in writing 24 hours prior to the appointment that;
- You and no one in the household have any coronavirus symptoms;
- You and no one in your home is self-isolating;
- You and no one in the household are shielding.
- The sub-contractor will also be asked to provide written confirmation 24 hours prior to the appointment;
- If we do not receive written confirmation the appointment will be cancelled and rescheduled;
- If you fail to provide access at the allocated AM or PM appointment time having provided both forms of written confirmation, you will re-join the bottom of the priority list.
We thank you for your patience and support during this uncertain time. Our offices closed on the 23rd March and we have only recently re-opened. At this time we are only able to offer our aftercare services on a reduced basis and will be adhering to strict guidance at all times. The health and safety of our customers and colleagues is of utmost importance and we are continuing to monitor the situation closely. When our operatives attend your property we ask that you;
- Keep your distance (2 metres apart);
- Open windows to increase air flow and ventilation;
- Limit contact with our operatives.
All operatives will be adhering to our site operating procedures for aftercare, should you wish to raise any specific health and safety concerns please call 0161 925 3227.
Please read your policy document together with the "NHBC Guide to your new home" and / or the "LABC Your home" guide before contacting Wiggett Homes Aftercare. Your warranty does not protect you against every event or circumstance.
All non-emergencies can be reported to our dedicated aftercare team during office hours (Monday – Thursday, 08.00 – 17.00 and Friday 08.00 – 16.00, excluding Bank Holidays):
- Telephone: 0161 925 3227
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When reporting a defect, please provide as much detail as possible including:
- Your full name, address, contact telephone number and email address;
- Detailed information of the defect or fault so that we can establish the correct priority and ensure that the correct operative is sent to the job.
Repair times will depend on the severity of the issue and availability of parts, most defects will be remedied within 28 days. All non-emergency issues will be attended to at a mutually convenient time, during normal working hours.
Only emergency defects will be dealt with out of hours (Monday - Thursday, 17.00 – 08.00 and 16.00 Friday to 08.00 Monday, all Public Holidays and the Christmas shut down) and our After Care providers, Nationwide Property Solutions, can be contacted on 01924 433 066. Emergency defects are generally those that need to be fixed within 24/48 hours or where the health and/or security of the resident is compromised. Issues such as those listed below:
- Severe leaks (that cannot be contained) – the water source should always be isolated.
- Power loss (not due to service providers)
- No heating (between October and April)
- No hot water
- Insecure property – faulty locks or windows where the health and safety of the resident is at risk.
- Toilet not flushing (where the property only has one toilet)
- Roof leaks where leak is penetrating the electrics