Your Warranty Explained
All Wiggett Homes come complete with a ten-year NHBC Buildmark Warranty OR a ten-year LABC Structural Warranty. Please read your policy wording carefully, hard and soft copies of which have been provided within your Home User Guide (HUG).
Your ten-year NHBC Buildmark Warranty explained:
Your new home comes complete with an NHBC Buildmark warranty, providing protection against any defects or damage covered by the policy for 10 years. During the first two years Wiggett Homes should be contacted in the first instance and thereafter, in years 3 to 10, the NHBC provides insurance to cover the cost of putting right damage to specified parts of your home, usually the structural and weatherproofing parts.
Please read your policy documents for full details, including all exclusions and limits and any endorsements that apply specifically to your home. Your warranty does not protect you against every event or circumstance, including but not limited to:
- Anything that the Buildmark certificate says is excluded;
- Anything done to your home or the land after the completion date, except for work done by Wiggett Homes or the NHBC to meet their responsibilities under Buildmark;
- Cosmetic defects that have not been reported within seven days of legal completion.
- Gradual deterioration, wear and tear, neglect and failure to do appropriate maintenance;
- Damp, condensation, shrinkage, thermal movement and movement between different types of materials, that is not a result of the Builder failing to meet NHBC requirements;
- Not being able to use or enjoy your home or the land, financial loss, inconvenience and distress;
- Storms and other severe weather conditions.
Your ten-year LABC Structural Warranty explained
Your new home comes complete with a ten-year LABC structural warranty. It is important to remember that the policy does not cover you for general 'wear and tear' and relates only to the structure of your property. The policy is valid for 10 years and includes two key periods:
- The first two years of the policy is called the Defects Insurance Period. During this period Wiggett Homes is responsible for rectifying any defects (which are deemed to be a failure to comply with the LABC Technical Manual).
- Years three to ten are known as the Structural Insurance Period. During this period, if you need to make a claim on your policy, you need to contact the LABC claims team who will assess you claim and assist your in organising any necessary repair works if the claim is found to be valid.
Please read your LABC policy wording carefully, including all exclusions and limits and any endorsements that apply specifically to your home. Your warranty does not protect you against every event or circumstance, including but not limited to:
- Snagging damage which is purely cosmetic and does not impair the structural stability or weather tightness of the home.
- Any alteration, modification or addition to the home.
- Any loss due to a lack maintenance of the home or normal wear and tear or improper use of the home.
- Anything the purchaser knew about prior to purchasing the home.
- Damage caused by fire, smoke or severe weather.
- Loss caused by theft or accidental damage.